|The PhD Programme in Astronomy, Astrophysics and Space Science is organized in collaboration among the Universities of Rome Sapienza and Tor Vergata, and the National Institute of Astrophysics (INAF). The Programme has the goal to train the next-generation of researchers, internationally competitive, in the fields of Astronomy, Astrophysics, Cosmology and Space Science. |
Such a goal is achieved by means of teaching activities, focused during the first year; attendance to PhD schools organized in Italy and abroad; participation in the activities of a research group.
After acquisition of the knowledge described above, the PhD student should reach the following objectives:
1. to be able to write a statement of research with the help of his tutor, who is assigned to the student in the first year of PhD course;
2. to handle all the techniques and competencies in mathematics, computational methods, and physics, to be able to accomplish the research statement as defined in 1;
3. to be able to read and speak fluently the English language in order to understand deeply the scientific literature and to write clearly scientific reports and papers;
4. to get a profound scientific critical consciousness in order to be able to identify critical aspects in his research activity;
5. to be able to act with a high level of independence in the work needed to accomplish the PhD research program;
6. capacity to work in a team;
7. mastering presentation skills.
The programme is fully in english and welcomes international students.