Advanced academic courses (5 CFU);
Seminars and laboratory activities (15 CFU);
Research activities (35 CFU);
Educational and research activities chosen by the PhD student and approved by the Phd professor board (5 CFU);
Advanced academic courses:
• Basic research methods in Cognitive Social and Affective Neuroscience (literature, hypotheses, designs, techiques);
• Matlab (Sapienza).
• Regression, mediation e moderation
• An introduction to structural equation modeling (SEM) using Mplus
• Factorial Invariance and item bias in Mplus: MG approach with continuous and categorical variables
• Analysis of variance
• Theoretical models of personality development
• Personality and positivity
• Advanced research on burnout
• Diversity within organizations
Method of choosing the subject of the thesis
Each PhD student will be assigned a tutor, who will supervise the work and support the student’s growth along the three years. A research topic will be chosen in accordance with the training program, and it will constitute the subject of the PhD thesis. Research topic and technique are chosen by taking into account student's interests and Lab's priorities and resources. Students are trained in responsible conduct of research with human participants.
Admission to the second year
By the end of the first year (in October), PhD students will present to the Board of Professors a report of the addressed topics, their work, and their scientific production (publications, conference presentations…), in order to be admitted to the second year. At the end of the first year, PhD students are required to provide the Coordinator with a report of their activities in terms of educational training, scientific activities, eventual periods abroad, and attended national or international conferences. The Board of Professors will approve the admission to the following year.
Students are required to attend regular seminar, lab meetings (only for CoSAN PhD students 8 out of 12 planned) and courses planned within the programme in order to reach a minimum of 40/60 credits