|The Doctorate provides multidisciplinary and integrated knowledge and expertise, in order to groom professional experts for industrial research, skilled in complex systems analysis and management, in particular related to the energy and industry. Taking advantage of the cultural background offered in the Doctorate program, experts will be able to address and solve problems related to complex systems in the field of: safety, innovation, sustainability, environment, energy, infrastructures and devices, in an international background involving both industrialized and developing countries. Such educational goal will be achieved by the synergy of different cultural sectors, namely science and technology of power systems, energy, safety, applied mathematics and physics, chemistry, environment, with a particular reference to energy technologies, smart grids, buildings, infrastructures and industrial innovation.|
With regard to sciences, synergies are:
- analysis of chemical and chemical-physical bases in the field of the optimization of synthetic processes;
- development of innovative technologies in civil and industrial field;
- participation in the innovation process and in the increase of competitiveness of industrial companies by means of mathematical and statistical methods, which aim at highly reliable industrial processes by managing their uncertainty.
- study of the interaction between buildings and environment;
- study about electric power systems and electronic systems, concerning their planning, operation and control, including their interaction with informatics, automation and telecommunications in the smart building, smart grid, smart mobility and smart city context, as well as their interaction with the power electronics regarding industry applications;
- smart grid management, mobility management, energy management, green/sustainable finance and, more in general, study and analysis of the main issues associated with the management of industrial systems, infrastructures and complex systems with an integrated engineering-financial perspective in view of environmental, technical and economic sustainability
The Doctorate, aiming at grooming professional experts in the field of innovation, complies with the raising needs for high level professionals and researchers for the development, the design and the management of civil and industrial complex systems, putting together the overall scientific view with the technical issues of specific interest for the involved enterprises. The necessity of such professionals and researchers is ever increasing, both at national and international level, due to the employment of innovative technologies and to the development of the tertiary sector of the economy. Therefore, the Doctorate may bring an incontrovertible competitive advantage to enterprises and an interesting opportunity for the scientific and professional development for its PhD students.