The European Ph.D. in Socio-Economic and Statistical Studies (Sess.EuroPhD). Sess.EuroPhD is an international, interdisciplinary, graduate program in which a consortium of eight partner universities (from Italy, Czech Republic, Finland, Germany, Hungary, Israel, Russia, and UK) cooperate to provide graduate students from all over the world with the possibility for training and doing high-level research in the fields of Economics, Sociology, and Statistics. T
The Sapienza branch of the program mainly focuses on Applied Economics, Political economy, Applied econometrics, and Economic history.
After the completion of the program, the doctoral degree of Doctor Europaeus is awarded. Doctors will be able to:
- Carry out research activity in the fields of Economics, Economic History, Applied Economics, Sociology, and Applied Statistics, both in academic and non-academic institutions such as international organizations.
- Hold leading roles in public and private, national or international, institutions.
To reach these goals, Ph.D. students will:
- Learn the most advanced techniques for applied research in different social disciplines.
- Spend at least two visiting periods abroad, usually at leading universities in the field of studies dealt with in the student's dissertation.
- Work under the supervision of leading scholars in the same fields of studies.
In line with the Bologna reforms, the SESS.EuroPhD is designed for a period of three years of study, each one characterized by specific objectives and expected outcomes, which may vary depending on students' projects and background.