Research: Aqua Virgo tra età antica e contemporanea. Testimonianze archeologiche, studi storico archivistici e considerazioni sulla tutela, sulla conservazione, sulla valorizzazione e la fruizione dell’infrastruttura
Maria Elisa Amadasi, PhD student in Classical Archaeology at Sapienza University of Rome.
She graduated in Classical Archaeology from Sapienza University of Rome (2019), with a Master dissertation on the Trajan aqueduct entitled “Acquedotto Traiano-Paolo: testimonianze archeologiche e studi storico-archivistici dell’area del lacus Sabatinus”.
She has taken part in excavations and archaeological laboratories in Italy (Rome, Insula Volusiana and Reggio Emilia, Tannetum) and abroad (classification, study and drawing of the archaeological artefacts from the museum collection of the University of Konstanz, Germany). In 2017 she has spent a semester at Universität Konstanz (Erasmus+ scholarship), where she has been involved in the planning, creation, fulfilment and coordination of the “Rebuild Palmyra?” exhibition, (BildungsTURM, Constance, Germany, 30/06/2017 - 17/09/2017), and furtherly conducted guided tours of the exhibition in Italian.
CONFERENCES, SEMINARS, AND TALKS
-M.E. Amadasi (Talk): Heritage Hidden Underneath: prospezioni geofisiche presso le sorgenti dell’Aqua Virgo. Presentation of the preliminary results of the ongoing HHU-AQ.VIRG.S. project (HERITAGE HIDDEN UNDERNEATH: Geophysical Investigations of the Aqua Virgo Sources) at the Seminar of PhD students of Archaeology, 22th-24th February 2023, Sapienza, University of Rome.
-M.E. Amadasi (Paper): Aqua Virgo tra campagna e città: lo sfruttamento del territorio e delle risorse idriche. Convegno “Landscape 3. Una sintesi di elementi diacronici. Uomo e ambiente nel mondo antico: un equilibrio possibile?” Bologna-Ravenna, 5th-6th May 2022.
-M.E. Amadasi (Talk): Il viaggio dell’Acqua Vergine. Event organized by Sovrintendenza Capitolina ai Beni Culturali in collaboration with Zètema Progetto Cultura. World Water Day 22nd March 2022.
-M.E. Amadasi (Talk): Aqua Virgo tra età antica e contemporanea. Testimonianze archeologiche, studi storico archivistici e considerazioni sulla tutela, sulla conservazione, sulla valorizzazione e la fruizione dell’infrastruttura. Presentation of the preliminary results of the ongoing PhD research at the Seminar of PhD students of Archaeology, 15th-16th February 2022, Sapienza, University of Rome.
-M.E. Amadasi (Lecture): Aqua Virgo: from Sources to Architecture. International Summer School in Architecture in the Roman Forum, Rome 18th -27th June 2021. Opening Conference 18th June 2021: Architecture and Archaeology Connections and oppositions (International online Symposium).
-M.E. Amadasi (Lecture): Between past and present: Aqua Virgo through the time. International Symposium AACCP (Architecture, Archaeology and Contemporary City Planning) Cities in Evolution: Diachronic Transformations of Urban and Rural Settlements (Istanbul, Özyeğin University, 26th April- 2nd May 2021).
-M.E. Amadasi (Poster): Infrastruttura e paesaggio, il caso dell’Acquedotto Vergine. Conference “Incontri di Archeologia Sapienza (IAS)”, 3rd edition. 19th-20th November 2020, Sapienza University (online).
SCHOLARSHIPS, AWARDS AND FUNDING
- Admission to the MOLAB-CNR mobile laboratories after the positive evaluation by the Peer Review Panel of E-RIHS Italia (Italian node of the European Research Infrastructure on Heritage Science) for the project "HERITAGE HIDDEN UNDERNEATH: Geophysical Investigations of the Aqua Virgo Sources". The project was funded by the MUR (FOE E-RIHS IT and PON Research and Innovation 2014-2020, CCI: 2014IT16M2OP005). Geophysical prospections were carried out in September 2022 in collaboration with the CNR and the Institute of Cultural Heritage Sciences of Naples.
- Scholarship for tutoring activities (Call for Doctoral Grants BT-B2 102/2022, Type B2) for new students enrolled at Sapienza University. Scholarship awarded by the Faculty of Letters and Philosophy, Sapienza, University of Rome, Piazzale Aldo Moro, 5, 00185, Rome.
- Admission to the PhD course in Archaeology at Sapienza, University of Rome, with a three-year scholarship.
- 16/05/2019 Selected and awarded as one of the four hundred excellent Master’s degree students at Sapienza, University of Rome (academic year 2017-2018).
- Six months Erasmus+ scholarship for exchange program at Konstanz University, Germany.