Phd student with scholarship of the XXXVI cycle at the Department of Structural and Geotechnical Engineering of the University of Rome "La Sapienza".
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND RESEARCH EXPERIENCE IN ACADEMIA:
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering from the University of Rome 'La Sapienza'.
- Master's degree in Civil Engineering from the University of Rome "La Sapienza" (110/110)
- Scholarship holder for research activities lasting 7 months provided by the Department of Engineering and Geology of the University of Studies "G.D'Annunzio" with Scientific Tutor Prof. Enrico Spacone.
DIPLOMAS/CERTIFICATES OF PARTICIPATION IN UNIVERSITY COURSES:
- Seismic Analysis of Structures using OpenSEES: Finite Element-based Framework and Civil Engineering Applications
Organisers: Giorgio Monti, Giuseppe Quaranta, Cristoforo Demartino
Location: 'La Sapienza' University of Rome
ASSISTING WITH TEACHING ACTIVITIES AND TUTORING EXERCISES:
- Master's degree course in Civil Engineering LM-23: 'Analysis and reduction of seismic risk in buildings'.
- Master’s degree course in Architectural Engineering LM-4: 'Complements of construction techniques'.
ACADEMIC AND RESEARCH TOPICS:
Title: 'Seismic response of existing reinforced concrete buildings: Modelling criteria and comparisons with experimental results'.
Supervisor: Prof. Rosario Gigliotti
The thesis work is focused on the study of the seismic response of existing reinforced concrete buildings. Different modelling criteria have been studied and analysed, comparing results obtained from numerical analysis with those obtained from experimental analysis. Topics such as: modelling and capacity models of the bending and shear of beam, column and nodal panel elements, modelling and capacity models of the sliding phenomenon occurring between the reinforcement bars and the concrete. Seismic vulnerability and seismic risk analyses of structures under different modelling criteria and capacity models were also carried out.
- Research activity:
Title: 'Experimental and numerical tests on scaled structural elements'.
Scientific Tutor: Prof. Enrico Spacone
Topics related to the seismic vulnerability of existing reinforced concrete buildings were discussed in depth, with particular attention to modelling, the phenomenon of sliding and buckling of longitudinal bars. An algorithm written in Python was developed for the implementation of a modified steel constitutive bond that takes into account the effect of sliding between steel and concrete.
- Teaching assistance:
Several topics related to seismic retrofitting of existing structures have been studied and deepened, such as: Seismic isolation, Non-conventional TMD, Exoskeleton, Dissipative bracing.
- Title: GENIOSISM (Gestion of the seismic risk of Defence assets)
Description of the project: The research project aims at providing the Ministry of Defence with operational IT and engineering tools for the management of the building heritage and its progressive reduction of seismic risk; allowing to define intervention strategies that take into account the available resources, as well as the characteristics, strategic functions and possible valorisation of the buildings.