In October 2017, I obtained my MS Degree in Italianistica at the University of Pisa. In September 2019, I obtained my MS Degree in Linguistica (Linguistics) at Sapienza University of Rome (mark: 110/110 cum laude). I discussed a thesis on the difference between presupposition and implicature. In particular, I carried out an experimental study to investigate whether the distinction between “presupposition as implicit of responsibility” and “implicature as implicit of content” is confirmed by behavioral evidence.
Supervisors: Professor Paolo Di Giovine, Professor Edoardo Lombardi Vallauri.
Currently, I am a Ph.D. student in Linguistics at Roma Tre University in collaboration with Sapienza University of Rome, project title: "L'acquisizione della Struttura Informativa" (The acquisition of Information Structure). Tutors: Professor Edoardo Lombardi Vallauri, Professor Maria Roccaforte.
Collaborator to the PRIN project IMPAQTS – Implicit Manipulation in Politics – Quantitatively Assessing the Tendentiousness of Speeches (Project code: 2017STJCE9), directed by Professor Edoardo Lombardi Vallauri.
Areas of research and study: Theoretical Pragmatics, Experimental Pragmatics, Acquisition of Information Structure, Implicit Communication, Psycholinguistics, Neurolinguistics, Political Discourse Analysis.
• Giunta, G. (accepted). Presupposition as implicitness of responsibility and implicature as implicitness of content. An empirical study. RILA.
• Giunta, G. (submitted). L'acquisizione della Struttura Informativa.
• Cominetti, F. and Giunta, G. (in prep). Change of state and factive nominals and nominalizations as presupposition triggers.
Conference Talks and Poster Presentations
• (with V. Fagiolo). Vereinigte Staaten von Amerika: An analysis of Kennedy’s and Reagan’s speeches on the Berlin Wall. 29th Conference of the Student Organization of Linguistics in Europe (Leiden, Leiden University, 26-28 January 2021). Poster.
• The boundary between presuppositions and implicatures. IMPRS Conference (Nijmegen, International Max Planck Research School for the Language Science, 3-5 June 2020). Poster.
• People’s perception of the distinction between presuppositions and implicatures. 2019 AISC Annual Conference - The complexity of cognition: multidisciplinary approaches to human behaviour (Roma, University of Roma Tre, 11-13 December 2019). Talk.