- 1 November 2019 - onwards: Ph.D in General and Applied Linguistics at the Department of Philosophy, Communication and Performing Arts, at the University of Roma Tre University (Rome, Italy), in partnership with University La Sapienza (Rome, Italy).
Project’s working title: Theoretical and Experimental Perspectives on Potentially Manipulative Strategies of Implicit Encoding of Information in Political Discourse. A focus on Vagueness, Metaphors and Hyperboles (translated from it. “Prospettive teoriche e sperimentali sul potenziale manipolatorio delle strategie di implicitazione nel discorso politico. Un focus su vaghezza, metafore e iperboli”).
Tutors: Professor Lombardi Vallauri Edoardo (University of Roma Tre); Professor Masini Francesca (University Alma Mater Studiorum, Bologna); Professor Palmerini Monica (University of Roma Tre).
- 1 January 2020 – onwards: Collaborator to the PRIN project IMPAQTS – Implicit Manipulation in Politics – Quantitatively Assessing the Tendentiousness of Speeches (Project code: 2017STJCE9), directed by Professor Edoardo Lombardi Vallauri (University of Roma Tre).
Areas of research and study: Theoretical and Experimental Pragmatics; Implicit Communication; Psycholinguistics; Neurolinguistics, Political Discourse Analysis; Italian Political Discourse; German Political Discourse; Persuasion and Manipulation strategies; Corpus-based analysis; Corpus-assisted analysis; Social and New Media Propaganda.
- M.A. - 2019:
Course title: Language, Society and Communication, University of Bologna Alma Mater Studiorum, Department of Modern Languages, Literatures and Cultures. Thesis title: Alternative für Deutschland. A German right-wing party and its communication style (2016-2018), (Supervisors: Professor Simona Salustri; Professor Eva-Maria Christina Charlotte Thüne). 110/110 cum laude.
- B.A. – 2016:
Course title: Lingue e Mediazione liguistico-culturale (tr.: Modern languages and Linguistic and Cultural Mediation), University of Roma Tre. Thesis title: La vaghezza ed altri impliciti linguistici nella comunicazione politica italiana (tr. Vagueness and other linguistic implicit strategies within Italian political discourse), (Supervisor: Professor Edoardo Lombardi Vallauri). 110/110 cum laude.
- 1 September 2015 – 1 March 2016: Erasmus + stay at the University of Leipzig (Universität Leipzig).
- 2021. (submitted) Conference talk: “Vagueness and ambiguity are very different (persuasion devices)”, (with Edoardo Lombardi Vallauri and Claudia Coppola), at the IPrA conference panel: “How vague and ambiguous are vagueness and ambiguity?”, organized by Chiara Zanchi and Ilaria Fiorentini.
- 2020. Conference talk: “Manipulative effects of implicit communication: a comparative analysis of French, Italian and German political speeches”, presented (with Edoardo Lombardi Vallauri, Laura Baranzini, Doriana Cimmino, Claudia Coppola, Federica Cominetti and Viviana Masia) at the conference: “Influence, Manipulation, and Seduction: Interdisciplinary Perspectives on Persuasive Language" organized by Daria Dayter e Sofia Rüdiger.
- 2019. Organization of the workshop “Implicitness and Persuasion in Language” held at the 53rd SLI Conference in Como, 19-21 September 2019 (with Edoardo Lombardi Vallauri, Laura Baranzini, Federica Cominetti, Doriana Cimmino, Claudia Coppola and Viviana Masia).
- 2018. Organization of the panel "Qualitative and quantitative approaches to implicit communication" held at the conference ARGAGE – Argumentation & Language, University of Lugano, 07-02-2018 to 09-02-2018 (with Edoardo Lombardi Vallauri, Laura Baranzini, Federica Cominetti, Doriana Cimmino, Claudia Coppola and Viviana Maisa).
- 2017. Conference talk: “The Outskirts of Linguistic Persuasion: Measuring Implicit Presentation of Questionable Information” (with Edoardo Lombardi Vallauri, Doriana Cimmino, Laura Baranzini, Federica Cominetti, Claudia Coppola and Viviana Masia), presented at the 5th meeting of Linguistics Beyond and Within International Linguistics Conference, The John Paul II Catholic University of Lublin “The Outskirts of the Regular”, 18-19 October, 2017.
OTHER SCIENTIFIC ACTIVITIES
- Since 2015 collaborates at the oppp! Project: http://oppp.it/ - Osservatorio Permanente sulla Pubblicità e la Propaganda (tr.
- 2020. Lombardi Vallauri, E., Baranzini, L., Cimmino, D., Cominetti, F., Coppola,C., Mannaioli G.: Implicit argumentation and persuasion: a measuring model, in Journal of Argumentation in Context, vol. 9:1, pp. 95-123.
- 2020. Coppola C., Lombardi Vallauri E., Mannaioli G.: “Dal Conte troppo esplicito dei nomi e cognomi al Conte troppo vago dei congiunti”, in Micromega, 06 maggio2020, (http://temi.repubblica.it/micromega-online/dal-conte-troppo-esplicito-dei-nomi-e-cognomi-al-conte-troppo-vago-dei-congiunti/).
- 2019. Pietrandrea Paola & Mannaioli Giorgia: Ni vrai, ni faux: Macron et Le Pen champions de l’implicite, in: Mediapart (https://blogs.mediapart.fr/edition/europeennes-des-elections-sous-surveillance/article/230419/ni-vrai-ni-faux-macron-et-le-pen-champions-de-l-implicit).